Tuesday, February 14, 2012

i'll spare you the details...

...but oh my goodness i feel like a new woman. hopefully i don't ever have to experience that again. EVER. i have definitely learned a thing or two about pregnancy and if i ever decide to do this again, hopefully i can recall that tidbit of information. 

if you could allow me a selfish moment that would be awesome. can i draw a quick parallel between pregnancy and church attendance? growing up church was always this place where you have to be perfect (which no one is) so you put on a facade and everything is always "great" ... except when it's not. and it left me feeling inadequate because things were not "great" a lot of the time. i have felt the same inadequacy throughout my pregnancy so far. i have over a dozen friends with children and no one talks about the struggles and it left me feeling alone and like my body was not made for this. thankfully, i have a Jesus who is bigger than my struggles. i have a Jesus who reminds me that my identity is in Him and Him alone. i have a Jesus who is my strength when i feel like i have none. i have a Jesus who reminds my that my Father created me and He does not make mistakes. and i have a husband who loves me and leads me and always knows exactly what i need--usually before i do. i am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment